Our Heroes, after relaxing for a bit on the Nebulon-B Frigate Resurgence, receive a summons to the briefing room from Captain Verana. Once arrived, Former Imperial Admiral Gilder Varth, now wearing the uniform of an Alderaanian Officer, briefed the party on the latest news since Varth’s debriefing:
The briefing room aboard the Resurgence is clean and white, with
several benches wrapping smoothly around a holographic projector
seated on a raised dais in the center of the room. The projector
springs to life, and the blue-tinted hologram of a Hutt appears to
hover a few inches away from the projector’s three curved prongs.
With a brusque clearing of his throat, former Imperial officer Gilder
Varth begins to speak, wasting little time on pleasantries.
“Before the Empire decided my conscience was a liability,” he
says, “I was involved peripherally in a top-secret plan known as the
Sarlacc Project. While the details of the project are unknown to me,
I was involved in the transfer of large sums of credits and resources
to the project. Whatever the project entails, it is taking up a lot of
the Empire’s time and effort. Moreover, I believe that this Sarlacc
Project is destroying the lives of thousands of sentient beings;
casualty reports crossed my desk on a regular basis.
“Unfortunately, I don’t know much more than that. However,
during my brief brushes with the project, I discovered that the
Imperial Navy was hiding the program’s existence from the Senate
by transferring resources through secondary sources. Resources were
routed through the Corporate Sector, through fake contractors, and
through the criminal underworld to keep a trail from leading back to
“One such secondary source was a Hutt crime lord named
Darga. Like all Hutts, Darga is a slimy gangster whose love of credits
is exceeded only by his love of power. Part of my job involved
transferring resources to Darga, and in turn arranging for Imperial
agents to take control of other resources from the Hutt’s
organization. These were not simply transfers of credits. The items
being traded were not specified, but physical resources were
definitely being exchanged. Though it’s not much, this is the only
lead we have.
“Captain Verana has charged me with helping to uncover more
about the Sarlacc Project, and he has authorized me to use you as
my agents. We need you to travel to the planet of Cato Neimoidia
and find Darga the Hutt. See if you can learn what he is trading in
and how it relates to the Sarlacc Project.”
Ayna Hassat, Cesc and their handy Mr. Potato Head Probe Droid, R1-C0 aka “Rico”, accepted the mission with barely a question. Instead of bothering themselves with details about the mission, they turned their immediate focus on more important matters at hand: Gambling and recovering their ordered items from Alderaan. Luckily, Ensign Ricky approached the team after the briefing and informs them that they’ve received a very important package forwarded from Alderaan.
- Package contained Rico’s Shield Generator upgrade and Cesc’s new bodyguard driod
- They traveled to Cato Neimoidia
- Landed without incident, met a lonely spaceport operator (Female Neimoidian)
- Went around “town” scouting out the area, generally gathering knowledge about any Hutt activity.
- Met a wily, homeless Neimoidian who claimed he was the Viceroy of the Trade Federation. The party first refused to give the beggar any money, but once he started leaving, Cesc sent his droid after him to hand him 20 credits.
- The party refocused their efforts on finding a local gambling circle of some sort. They succeeded in finding a Womp Rat Fighting League.
- They met Borlo, the Neimoidian running the books for the fights. He first refused the party any dealings until the Droids were put outside and couldn’t be swayed in his stance until Anya used force persuade.
- After a couple rounds of winnings (equating to about 4-5 hours of character time), an Imperial Troop Transport crashed the party and scattered the gambling ring. The party escaped up a pile of rubble and to the second floor of an adjacent building.
- Once they were a safe distance away, they spied on the happenings below, discovering that Borlo fed the Imperial Officer general information about the party and the nights happenings, and was then secretively handed a Credit chip, ending the exchange.
- The party resumed the prowl for information and different shops.
- End of session